What is social media marketing?
Social media marketing is the practice of using social media channels to sell or promote a brand, product, or service. It is strategy of the business to reach prospects and customers. It uses different social media platforms to interact and speak of the brands, products, and services. Since most of us, involve our activities in social media, this has become the best avenue for businesses to target their possible customers and future users.
Social media marketing helps businesses
- Increase brand awareness
- Build engaged communities
- Sell products and services
- Measure how people feel about your business
- Provide customer service on social media platforms
- Advertise their products and services to target audiences
- Track your performance and adjust your strategy accordingly
What is a social media strategy?
A social media strategy is a document outlining your social media goals, the tactics you will use to achieve them and the metrics you will track to measure your progress.
Your social media marketing strategy should also list all your existing and planned social media accounts along with goals and objectives specific to each platform you’re active on. These should align with your business’s larger prospects for digital marketing strategy.
Finally, a good social media plan should define the roles and responsibilities within your team and outline your reporting cadence.
How to create a social media marketing strategy in 9 steps
- Choose social media marketing goals that align to business objectives
- Learn everything you can about your audience
- Get to know your competition
- Do a social media audit
- Set up accounts and improve profiles
- Find inspiration
- Create a social media content calendar
- Create compelling content
- Track performance and adjust your strategy accordingly