There are various reasons why your company should use social media marketing. Here is the list of four most beneficial reasons to consider.
Let’s dive in.
1. Increase Brand Awareness
In 2018, there were over 3.2 billion people around the globe using social media. With that large number of people, you can conclude that involving your business in sharing content related to your products, services as well as introducing your company via a social media platform has the potential to help you improve brand awareness.
In fact, it has been proven that social media can boost brand awareness by driving up social engagement such as comments, likes, shares, and re-posts. It also helps by increasing traffic straight to your site. You can do this by including direct links to your website in your profile, bio, and posts.
2. Generate Leads and Boost Conversions
An easy way to improve lead generation, boost conversions, and drive sales is through promoting and sharing your products on social media. By advertising your products, people opted to engage with you by following your account.
Here are some examples of ways for you to generate leads with the use social media.
- Create contests anyone from your followers or public visitors may participate on your social media profiles.
- Add links to your website and offers in the bio sections of your profile.
- Host live videos to make announcements and provide updates on your product details and exciting news at your company.
- Implement a social media marketing campaign on one of your channels.
- Market your products through different social profiles. For example, you enable Facebook’s Shop Section or Instagram’s Shopping feature on your profiles. These features allow your visitors and followers to click on products you’ve shared in your posts for them to view information such as price, material, and size. Then, visitors can easily proceed to checkout through the platform and buy the product directly from you.
3. Foster Relationships with Customers
By consistently connecting and engaging with your social media followers, you’ll be able to build strong relationship between them and your business. You can interact with them on your posts, respond to their questions and comments, and provide them with any help they may need.
You can also make survey questions about your products, their pain points, or create giveaways to help you build trust and show them how much you value their insights and support.
4. Learn from Competitors
Social media is a great avenue for you to closely watch on your competitors — whether in reference to their social media tactics, promotions, implementation of campaigns, or their level of interaction with followers.
Social media allows you to focus on what is and isn’t getting along for your competition, and therefore helps you with you decision on what changes you need to implement in terms of your company’s approach. Lastly, reviewing the social media accounts of your competitors can help you see if your marketing strategy stands out and is unique for your brand.
Learn how to conduct a competitive analysis to discover how you can beat the competition.
Now, let’s talk strategy — there are five steps to ensure your social media marketing plan is sustainable and positively impacts your business.